We are excited to announce our first annual conference
10th May 2019: The Double Tree Hilton Hotel, Chester
Book onto the conference
If you would like to book onto the conference please email email@example.com or contact Angela Hughes, Conference Organiser directly by Tel. (01244) 397 717.
The first CANDDID Annual Conference will focus on 'Autism Spectrum Conditions' and we have planned an exciting and informative programme. The conference is open to all including people with autism, family members, students and trainees, professionals and commissioners across health and social care as well as the independent sector.
Keynote speakers include:
- Dr Dougal Julian Hare, Reader in Clinical Psychology and Research Director, South Wales DClinPsy Programme, Cardiff University
- Dr Teresa Tavassoli, Lecturer in Developmental Psychology, University of Reading
- Prof Taj Nathan, Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and University of Chester
- Dr Ken Courtenay, Consultant Psychiatrist, Barnet, Enfield, and Haringey Mental Health Trust, Chair, Faculty for Intellectual Disability Psychiatry, The Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Dr Sarah Cassidy, Assistant Professor, School of Psychology, University of Nottingham.
Discussion topics cover a wide range of areas including:
- Neurodevlopmental co-morbidities in Autism
- Suicide and Autism Specturm Conditions
- Using Mindfulness in Therapeutic Situations
- Working with Families in Supporting Children with Autism
- Engaging service users and carers in Research
- Sensory Reactivity